Friday, August 27, 2010

Looking for Lullabies

We don't really want our kids falling asleep to depressing lullabies like 'Rock-a-by Baby', do we? Lines like 'When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall. Down will come baby, cradle and all!' are just plain cruel! Especially when we have a treasure trove of beautiful lullabies in Indian languages that celebrate babyhood in all its glory! 

That's why we're looking for lullabies! We know you loved Karadi Rhymes, and we're working on a book of Karadi Lullabies just for you! We've put together lullabies in various languages - Tamil, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Malayalam, Manipuri, Assamese etc., but we're greedy for more! 

So if you remember any lullabies from your childhood (or your adulthood!), send us the words and a translation. If you can sing it, that's even better. Send us an MP3 file. We want as many beautiful Indian lullabies as possible for this audiobook. Won't you help us?

Leave a comment on this post or drop us an email at contact@karaditales.com if there's a lullaby you want us to include.

Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW!

    Why didn’t you bring these out a few years ago?!!

    Okay, here’s a Gujju one. Oh well, I’ll call you gys and sing it on th ephone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say that we have Karadi Rhymes 2 and we loved it so much that I have been hunting for Karadi Rhymes 1 for quite some time. Today I got it and it delighted me to listen to the cd !! What fantastic music and verses. Kudos Karadi team and can't wait for the lullabies !

    When my son was a year old, we chanced upon Bombay Jayashree's "Vatsalyam". We loved the songs in that cd so much, that even today I sing some of those lullabies to my kids :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) Thanks, Ranjani. Glad to hear it. We can't wait for Karadi Rhymes 3 and Karadi Lullabies to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dont remember any lullabies for me :/ but my mom used to sing me a wake up song to wake me up :)
    It was a krishna bhajan..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope it succeeded in waking you up! :-) I lot of Indian parents do use bhajans as lullabies and rhymes. But if you can think of any lullabies in Indian languages, do drop us a note. :-)

    ReplyDelete