Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Animal Love



Illustrator Malavika P. C. talks about her life, her work, and, of course, her books for Karadi Tales in this great interview on Blouin Artinfo. She says:


Working with Karadi Tales and Blaft have been the turning points in developing my art. The freedom, madness, imagination and skill that were required to accompany these publications gave me one challenge after another in order to work and explore. It continues to do so. Illustrating for Karadi Tales gave me the space to go back and look at the world with my memories of being a child and then creating a world I would like children to see. 

Read the whole piece here!

Malavika has illustrated 6 titles for Karadi Tales - The Monkeys and the Capseller, the four Mouse Stories, and the soon-to-be-released space adventure, InterGalactic Idol!

No comments:

Post a Comment