In addition, a large component of this internship position is to support our ongoing efforts to promote our organisation, books, and authors through online channels. Interns will be expected to help contribute to and monitor our blog, Facebook page, Twitter account, and e-newsletter. These internships are valuable for anyone interested in developing networks with organisations across the Indian book trade.
Interns are expected to be able to work independently, have a desire to learn about publishing, be extremely organised, have excellent writing and communications skills, and be familiar with today’s social media platforms.
- Must be undergoing or have completed an undergraduate degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or a related field
- Ability to successfully work independently and as part of a team, ability to take initiative and think innovatively, keen attention to detail, excellent organisational and communication skills
- Strong sense of English grammar, some proofreading and editing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office necessary; familiarity with graphics software preferred
- Working knowledge of social media tools and online marketing
This position is based in Chennai and cannot be fulfilled remotely. The position will involve a lot of field work and candidates with their own mode of transportation will be given preference (fuel costs will be reimbursed). Internships at Karadi Tales are generally offered throughout the year on a rolling basis for 2 months at a time, based on the availability of candidates. It is also possible to take up the internship as a part-time (only part of the working day), according to candidates' preference. We offer a small stipend to candidates, but cannot assist with relocation to Chennai, accommodation, or commute. Course credit can be arranged for university and college students.
Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in an internship in publishing to firstname.lastname@example.org.